Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 18:37:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Read this...

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Wes Peters wrote:

> Actually, given that I just bought 3 IPX's for $35 each, along with 3
> 207 MB disk for $5 each, we're just about on track.  ;^)
>
> This was from GSTek, http://www.gstek.com.  They should be here Saturday
> or Monday; I'll post how it goes getting them up and running.  What are
> we here in FreeBSD-SPARC preferring as a porting base these days, NetBSD
> or OpenBSD?
>
> I've got a 1.0 GB drive for mine; I'll put the porting system on that
> and FreeBSD on the 207 until it matures enough to actually boot, then
> I can swap'em.  And I won't have to worry about those pesky Ultra
> compiler issues, either.

good deal.  NetBSD seems the base of choice, the snap of egcs they have is
pretty good, they already have quite a bit done for ultra sparc as well.

Alfred Perlstein - Programmer, HotJobs Inc. - www.hotjobs.com
-- There are operating systems, and then there's FreeBSD.
-- http://www.freebsd.org/                        3.0-current