Date:      Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:11:48 -0700
From:      "Devin Teske" <dteske@vicor.com>
To:        "'Olivier SMEDTS'" <olivier@gid0.org>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Hackers' <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: [RELEASE] New Boot-Loader Menu

Yeah, that's definitely possible. The new code already supports
/boot/loader.conf, however I don't support loader_logo in that way (you'd h=
ave
to use "logo=3D" instead of "loader_logo=3D" and you'd have to remove the "=
set
logo=3D" line from /boot/menu.rc).

I'll have to make the following modifications in the next version so that y=
ou
can use loader_logo from /boot/loader.conf:

1. Change the default logo in /boot/beastie.4th from "beastie" to "orb"
2. Change /boot/menu.rc to remove the line: set logo=3D"orb"
3. Change /boot/beastie.4th to read the "loader_logo" environment variable
instead of "logo"

> And while the pre-menu delay of 2 seconds is great, is it possible to tur=
n it
off or
> adjust it ?

Right now, if you want to disable the 2 second delay, open up /boot/loader.=
rc
and change the following line:

	set dc_seconds=3D2

to:

	set dc_seconds=3D0

In the next release, I'll rewrite it so that you add something to
/boot/loader.conf to disable the delay.
--=20
Devin

> Thanks !
>=20
> > Simply deleting the line or comment it out (by adding "\ " --
backslash-space --
> to the beginning of the line) is equivalent to setting logo to "beastie".
Here's a
> short explanation of each value:
> >
> >    NAME        DESCRIPTION
> >    beastie        Color ``Helper Daemon'' mascot (19 rows x 34 columns)
> >    beastiebw    B/W ``Helper Daemon'' mascot (19 rows x 34 columns)
> >    fbsdbw        "FreeBSD" logo in B/W (13 rows x 21 columns)
> >    orb        Color ``Orb'' mascot (15 rows x 30 columns)
> >    orbbw        B/W ``Orb'' mascot (15 rows x 30 columns)
> >
> > I'm not sure what you meant by "Beastie ASCII" image, but I think you're
either
> looking for "beastie" or "fbsdbw".
> >
> > You should have to, but if you need to, you can add:
> >
> >    set logoX=3DX
> >    set logoY=3DY
> >
> > to force the row/column placement of beastie.
> > --
> > Devin
> >

> >> --
> >> Freddie Cash
> >> fjwcash@gmail.com
> >
> > _____________
> >
> > The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or
confidential. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all
copies;
> (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (i=
ii)
notify
> the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message
> addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons oth=
er
than
> the intended recipient. Thank you.
rg"