Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:59:26 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Another bright idea..

We have many many stylistic or variable-type problems
in teh system, that are basically "mechanical changes"

We also have a very large community of people out there who are
just learning about freeBSD, and would like
to do something useful that would allow them to learn their way around
the source tree. Maybe the following might be a good idea.

After seeing jordan,and bruce slug it out over 'types'
and seeing thousands of commites re: -1 -> EOF via Philip
maybe it might be possible for us to have one central place where
people could register the existance of a 'global bogon'
/src/BOGONS?

with a suggested mechanocal fix, and then we could allow
juniour aspiring hackers, with a full source tree, to perform these
multi-mega-patches, and submit them via a quick review and then into the
tree.

we have a great resource in the number of people who could do this
sort of thing. We should use them..

thought?

julian