Date:      Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:21:00 -0500
From:      Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to delete/replace default route using ppp?

No, it won't...  rc.conf take precedence...

If you have a defaultrouter line in your rc.conf file,
it will still be there.

You must comment that line out, and then use the
add default HISADDR to your ppp.conf file.

Otherwise you will get a warning message
Warning: default route already exists (or something of that nature).

Peter

At 01:52 PM 7/4/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>stan wrote:
>>I'm trying to get a new laptop set up for a quick out of town trip.
>>Can anyone help me with the ppp.conf syntax to clear/replace an existing
>>default rout for the duration of a ppp linkup?
>>That is, the machine starts off with a default route, which I want to
>>delete and replace with the ppp route for the duration of the conection.
>>Then I wnat to put the orignal route back.
>>Sugestions?
>
>Please forgive me if I'm saying something you already know.
>
>The default ppp.conf file has a line:
>add default HISADDR
>Which should do what you want.
>I'm not 100% sure that this will actually "delete" a previous route.
>
>--
>Bill Moran
>Potential Technologies
>http://www.potentialtech.com

Anything below this line, is considered a signature line.
If you do not know what a signature is within an email
STOP here and do not read any further.   Thank you.

Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator)
1835 S. Carrier Parkway
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
(972) 263-2080 - Voice
(972) 263-2082 - Fax
(972) 489-4838 - Cell Phone
(425) 988-8061 - eFax

I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry
that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say "Daddy, where
were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?"
-- Mike Godwin

Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.

System Administration - It's a dirty job, but somebody said I had to do it.

If you receive something that says 'Send this to everyone you know,
pretend you don't know me.

Standard $500/message proofreading fee applies for UCE.
(NOTE: UCE is Unsolicited Commercial Email also known as
SPAM or junk mail).