Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 1996 20:16:32 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@root.com>
To:        tim palmer <timpal@intercall.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3c590...

>hmm, so if you're the "Principal Architect", I should take your word over the
> people at Walnut Creek regarding 3c590 support in 2.1.5, yes? Ahh well,
>c'est la guerre!

   I'm also one of the two release engineers for 2.1.5, so yes, absolutely.
After all, WC just sells what we give them - they aren't in any position
to speak authoritatively about FreeBSD.
   The if_vx driver simply wasn't ported to 2.1.x. It is in the CVS repository
for "-current", and you can find it on the CDROM this way. ...but it isn't
supported under 2.1.5 (and won't compile): you'll have to port the driver
yourself.

-DG

David Greenman