Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:36:29 +0200
From:      xer xernet <xernet@hotmail.it>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>, Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: stable 7.0 and nslookup help command

Yes=2C thanx to all of you and your answers..
I'm just a dig user now=2C but..
The question now is:
- if i want to implement /usr/share/misc/nslookup.help in nslookup (even if=
 nslookup is evil) how can i do that?
I need to know=2C i want learn this "fact" i will not use nslookup anymore=
=2C but i'm still curios HOW was implemented on older STABLE-5.5

Thanx again :-)

> To: rwatson@FreeBSD.org
> CC: koitsu@FreeBSD.org=3B xernet@hotmail.it=3B freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: stable 7.0 and nslookup help command=20
> Date: Tue=2C 7 Oct 2008 15:44:22 -0700
> From: oberman@es.net
>=20
> More importantly=2C dig(1) uses the standard resolver routines while
> nslookup has its own. This has=2C in some cases=2C resulted in different
> results from nslookup than for what the stub resolver returns which can
> really lead one down the primrose path when troubleshooting.
>=20
> I consider nslookup to be evil. host(1) and dig(1) work well and I have
> not seen any plans to deprecate host(1). It's just that host is a quick
> lookup tool while dig(1) is a serious tool for DNS analysis and testing.
> --=20
> R. Kevin Oberman=2C Network Engineer
> Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
> E-mail: oberman@es.net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634
> Key fingerprint:059B 2DDF 031C 9BA3 14A4  EADA 927D EBB3 987B 3751

Comunica=2C gioca e divertiti con i tuoi amici su Messenger!
http://www.messenger.it=