Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:59:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Resource for newbies

In glancing through the rest of my recently-received copy of
"Server/Workstation Expert" (successor in name to "SunExpert"), a
monthly periodical, I noticed that in Peter Collinson's "UNIX Basics"
column, he discusses some issues re: user interfaces, rodents, M$
version of windows vs. X Window System, and Linux & Solaris.

Doesn't mention FreeBSD specifically, but much of what he writes
about Linux would seem to be apropos.

And the comment about "the rest of" refers to my habit of reading
Mike O'Brien's "Ask Mr. Protocol" column before anything else.  :-)

The publication is free, and is also accessible via the Web (though
you'll need a PDF reader that can cope with encrypted text; xpdf 0.80
doesn't cut it, though acroread can).  To get to the archives (which
includes the current issue), point your Web browser of choice at
http://expert.com/; to see what the folks at the newly-renamed periodical
are up to, point a browser at http://sw.expert.com/.

Hope some of this is useful for enough folks to pay for sending it.  :-)

Cheers,
david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621