Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 02:52:01 +0000 ()
From:      Nat Low <natlow@empnet.com>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.com>
Subject:   Re: Advice on installing over bad ppp link

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	I am trying to install 2.2 GAMA on my new laptop using ftp via an
> 	unreliable ppp link. Unreliable that is in keeping a connection for the
> 	*several* hours required to do a full install.
>
> 	Is there anyway to get the install to restart where it left off? Any
> 	other advice on this?

I've installed over a link like that, and I just kind of watched the
monitor of the machine in the corner of my eye while it's installing.  If
it looks like it's hung, hit Alt-F3 and re-open your ppp connection real
quick.  This worked for me, it just re-established the ftp connection,
and went on where it left off.

Just make sure you re-open your ppp link before the download times out.