Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:17:45 +0400
From:      Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: drag-and-drop: FileRoller -> Evolution - no way ?

=F7 =D0=D4, 16/09/2005 =D7 12:30 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
> On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 12:49 +0400, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> > Hi
> >=20
> > Fresh gnome-2.12 here.
> >=20
> > I've tried with to add some PDF files from archive (opened by
> > FileRoller) to new evolution message, it looks like do not work.
> >=20
> > FileRollers shows unpack progress and then nothing added to message.
> >=20
> > It works if I first drop files on desktop and then move it to evolution=
.
> >=20
> > Is it freebsd-specific glitch or general gnome problem ?
>=20
> This sounds like a generic problem with GNOME.  The DnD code is fairly
> platform-agnostic, and there are some glitches with gnome-vfs still in
> GNOME 2.12.  I'm not so sure anyone has tried this before.  I know I
> haven't.  Is this something that used to work in 2.10?

Not tried, frankly speaking It was impossible for me imagine such action
before
but new attachment controls in evolution makes me optimistic about such
kind of actions.

Do you know Is it should work by design ?

> Joe=20

--=20
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
SWsoft Inc. vova@sw-soft.com