Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 18:39:43 +0200
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@sgi.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Evolution won't start

Hi,

I have installed evolution from the ports tree on a -current system.

When I start evolution from the shell, I get the splash screen and
then nothing happens.  After a while I get a message box saying
evolution-addressbook would not respond to the save-session command.

I can kill evolution-addressbook, then the same box comes back
complaining about evolution-mail not responding (and a message on the
terminal saying it could not start evolution-addressbook).

It seems there is a problem with the communication of evolution's
components.  Is there any special consideration that I need to pay
attention to?  I just did the make fetch; make; make install.  The
rest of the GNOME was installed from
ftp://current.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/extras/packages.

--
Regards,
Georg.