Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:14:01 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems building KDE3 on recent current

--Boundary-02=_Jm3JAneP3YURItb

On Monday 09 February 2004 11:51, Mark Huizer wrote:
> > > FreeBSD nawfal.cyber.mmu.edu.my 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: S=
un
> > > Feb  8 21:51:40 MYT 2004
> > > opal@nawfal.cyber.mmu.edu.my:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OPAL  i386
> > >
> > > have no trouble compiling kde. I deleted /usr/local, /usr/X11R6, and
> > > /var/db/pkg before compiling ports.
> >
> > Well I might give a shot at that, then. Tho it kinda stinks to nuke
> > nearly everything on a box.
>
> The question might be: how far do you have to nuke it. I wonder what
> port is the problem.

You should probably rebuild most XFree86 ports, most importantly=20
XFree86-libraries and up from there, since libGL uses a threads library and=
=20
everything that links it in will end up linked to both the old and new=20
threads library which causes the error you've been seeing. To be really saf=
e=20
you should look for ports-installed files which link to libc_r with ldconfi=
g=20
and pkg_which and make sure you have nothing linking to libc_r left before=
=20
you install new ports.

Deleting all ports which already installed files linked to both threads=20
libraries by hand, and then reinstalling them instead of using portupgrade=
=20
should again lower the chance of somehow reintroducing double linkage.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org