Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 23:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Patrick Thomas <root@utility.clubscholarship.com>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how do I know when RAID fails ? (mylex, PERC, etc)

Well...hot yanking drives bothers me - when they are expensive drives, and
the possibility exists of killing the drive by yanking it (a drive that is
otherwise healthy) I am reluctant to do this just to test.

What about PERC ?  Do _all_ the raid drivers have a facility to log to
syslog when bad things happen, or is it dependent on the particular driver
?

--pt