Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:37:50 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
From:      Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
To:        Camelia NASTASE <camelia@office.dnt.ro>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: buildworld failure

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Camelia NASTASE wrote:

>  it's my /etc/defaults/make.conf. i know i've modified it, but my eyes
>  can't locate the error. the really big problem is that the system in
>  cause is at about 500 Km from me. i attached the file, i hope it gets
>  through.

# CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code.
# Note that optimization settings above -O (-O2, ...) are not recommended
# or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any
# nonstandard optimization settings to "-O" before submitting bug reports
# to the developers.
# Note also that at this time the -O2 setting is known to produce BROKEN
# CODE on the Alpha platform.
#
#CFLAGS= -O -pipe

Try uncommenting the CFLAGS setting.