Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:00:15 -0700
From:      Brian Sobolak <sobolak@telocity.com>
To:        Dale Chulhan - Home <dchulhan@uwi.tt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X on windows(something)

Saturday, June 09, 2001, 9:49:10 AM, you wrote:

DCH> My BSD box is humming away happily upstairs in the office and I have
DCH> been assigned :( to a winNT / win2k box.

DCH> I want to run some sort of software that would enable me ( for free ) to
DCH> run an Xserver (X-Window Manager?) and let that box host all the
DCH> processing etc.

If you're trying to connect to your BSD box, you might try some of the
tools from these folks. <http://www.lab-pro.com/>;  I've used them in
the past to connect to X from Windows and found it to be not difficult
to set up and quite useful.  It isn't free, but they do have a try
before you buy program too.

There's a more corporate product from WRQ called Hummingbird, but IMHO it's
pretty expensive.

DCH> I tried VNC but that's not a true X-Window system.

Yeah, but it should do the trick.... ;)

--
Best regards,
 Brian                            mailto:sobolak@telocity.com