Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:17:20 +0100
From:      John Angelmo <john@veidit.net>
To:        Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
Cc:        Andy Fawcett <andy@athame.co.uk>, kde@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] FreeBSD Port: qt23-2.3.1

Will Andrews wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 07:05:20PM +0100, John Angelmo wrote:
> > Yes I have seen some stuff in 2.3.2 libjpeg, libpng and so on can't seem
> > to be found in /usr/local/lib but it can find it in /usr/lib ;)
>
> That is a long-term bug in their configure script which
> apparently doesn't add very many places to look for libjpeg (or
> other so-called "non-standard" places) in.  It's been around for
> about 2 years, before I started maintaining Qt2/KDE2 ports in the
> ports tree.  It may well get fixed at some point in the default
> configure script, but for now, we get around it with
> CONFIGURE_ENV and CONFIGURE_ARGS.  See ports/Mk/bsd.kde.mk.
>
> In any case, Andy was referring to bugs that affected things like
> antialiasing of fonts, and this fact was quite visible in our
> beta testing of KDE 2.2.2 / Qt 2.3.2.  So I downgraded it back to
> 2.3.1 and applied a few patches to improve it.  No patches from
> Trolltech or KDE that were in 2.3.2 vs 2.3.1, though.  They were
> just too trivial to bother.
>
> Regards,
> --
> wca

I just noticed a problem with the updated kdelibs:

it locks at:

In file included from libkdeui_la.all_cpp.cpp:6:
knuminput.cpp:227: warning: #warning workaround for a bug of QSpinBox in
>= Qt 2.2.0
In file included from libkdeui_la.all_cpp.cpp:7:
ktoolbar.cpp:1396: warning: #warning workaround for a QToolbar bug in Qt
2.2.3
In file included from libkdeui_la.all_cpp.cpp:51:
kmessagebox.cpp:52: warning: #warning FIXME - Implement Notification

I hope this can help

I went in a and did a make clean && make but it just locks up there

/John