Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 1996 16:34:52 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.kiev.ua>
To:        Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de (Lars Koeller)
Cc:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov, freebsd-hardware@freefall.freebsd.org, Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de
Subject:   Re: Problems connection a terminal!!

| > Are you sure the cable is working ... have you tried some continuity
| > tests on the pins?  Are the brightness and contrast controls on the
| > terminal turned all the way up?
|
|       Yes, sure,  cause I  can see all  the  configuration settings on  the
|    screen.  :-)) But I will do some changes on  the cable perhaps a version
|    with only 1,2,3 and 7 connected will give some better results.

	I've seen such a caveat.  Terminal we used to play with had a DCE-style (!)
	DB25 connector, just like a modem; but it was wired as plain DTE,
	so none of our ready-to-use null-modem cables worked, and
	a "normal" straight DTE-DCE cable didn't work either.

	So we were forced to solder a "crazy" nullmodem ourselves.

--

	nic-hdl: ST73-RIPE