Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:30:12 -0600
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: gtk-sharp broken

* De: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> [ Data: 2003-02-18 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: gtk-sharp broken ]
> On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 15:57, Juli Mallett wrote:
> > * De: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> [ Data: 2003-02-18 ]
> > 	[ Subjecte: gtk-sharp broken ]
> > > http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-latest/gtk-sharp-0.7_1.log
> > >
> > > It's possible this error is related to building in a jail (but I'd
> > > still like to understand it better).
> >
> > I'd like to understand it better, too.  Unfortunately, I don't :/  Is there
> > anything else exotic about the Bento build environment which might tickle
> > such a bug?  I've yet to see a user complain, and I know I've pointed a
> > number of people to said port, who explicitly had no problem :(
>
> In looking at mono's code, it requires shared memory to create a UNIX
> daemon socket for compiling.  At some point, the socket file descriptor
> gets closed or invalidated (it looks like).  It might be interesting to
> add:
>
> MAKE_ENV=	MONO_DISABLE_SHM=1
>
> to gtk-sharp's Makefile, and see if the problem persists.

Hmm, my cshrc may still be disabling shm..  In fact, it is...  So that
would explain why I've never seen this.  Kris, can you try that on the
package build cluster?

Thanx,
juli.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org> - AIM: BSDFlata -- IRC: juli on EFnet
OpenDarwin, Mono, FreeBSD Developer - ircd-hybrid Developer, EFnet addict