Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2001 03:15:44 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Darren Wyn Rees <merlin@netlink.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing boot manager (dual boot, two disks, w2k, freebsd)

On Wednesday 01 August 2001 12:41 am, Darren Wyn Rees wrote:
> FreeBSD is the secondary slave, disk one is primary master,
>
> I've tried re-installing it, and installing the boot manager,
> but when I boot the machine the FreeBSD boot loader just
> comes up with gibberish ...
>
> 	F1 FreeBSD
> 	F5 Drive 1
>
> or
>
> 	F1 ????
> 	F5 Drive 0

Sorry if I'm being stupid here, but isn't the above correct?

When you boot the machine you would see the second of the two menus you gave
above. F1 will boot into Win2000, F5 will switch to the other drive.

If you switch to the other drive, you see the first of the two menus. When F1
will boot into FreeBSD and F5 will switch you back to the other drive.

I have a similar situation on my machine where I have two HDDs, with Win98SE
on the primary master drive, and FreeBSD on the secondary master drive. I
have menus identical to yours on my box, and everything works perfectly.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Andrew.