Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 1996 09:36:41 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.orgccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu (Chris Csanady)
Subject:   Re: mfs module -- seems to work..

As Chris Csanady wrote:

> I noticed in /usr/src/lkm/Makefile that the mfs module is not build because
> it is broken.  I have built it and loaded it, and it seems to work fine
> without any changes.

I've noticed the following bogosities:

. mount_mfs without previously loading the lkm causes:

  mount_mfs: /mnt: Operation not supported by device
  /kernel: pid 28996 (mount_mfs), uid 0: exited on signal 11\
   (core dumped)

  (It's supposed to first load the lkm.)

  attempts to umount it hung (interruptible), and i had to kill
  off the `mfs' process manually.

--
cheers, J"org