Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:56:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Phoenix <phoenix@notwise.bsdonline.org>
To:        John Reynolds~ <jreynold@sedona.ch.intel.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation floppies and USB

If it is the same kind of acer as I have you may be in luck,
hidden away on the back panel hidden behind a sticker and a
metal knockout there are 2 ps/2 style connectors. Pull the
top off of your box and see if you have them (near the parrellel
port) I have been running -current on this box for a month
with no problems other than having to use a normal keyboard for
the install.

also Nick Himba

>Seeing that your USB controller fails to work properly when the FreeBSD
>kernel takes over, I bet somewhere there is a problem with shared
>interrupts.

>Because a USB keyboard here works either with USB support or without USB
>support compiled in.

I had the same problem on my box, Ie. the usb controler wont do
emulation at boot under freebsd, strangly the same box ran linux
for 6 months witout the usb stack loaded and the keyboard worked
fine, it just broke when I loaded the stack. works fine now as
long as my freebsd kernel has usb enabled.

Bob

On Feb 28, The Matrix made John Reynolds~ say,