Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:21:20 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "David G. Andersen" <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
To:        eT@post.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which device should I make with this error?

Lo and Behold, eT said:
> During a make release for 3.2-RELEASE I get the following error:
>
> vnconfig: open: Device not configured
> *** Error code 1
>
> What does this mean and how do I fix it?

  It means you don't have any vnode devices configured in your kernel.
What, you ask, is a vnode disk driver?  See:

0:  man 4 vn

Once you've read the manpage and grok what's going on, then do the
rest of this:

1:  MAKEDEV vn0

2:  Add a 'pseudo-device vn'  to your kernel config.

3:  Recompile, reboot, be happy.

   -Dave

--
work: danderse@cs.utah.edu                     me:  angio@pobox.com