Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:33:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        peter@netplex.com.au, crossd@cs.rpi.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: readdirplus client side fix (was Re: IRIX 6.5.4 NFS v3 TCP client + FreeBSD server = bewm)

:
:Close, but not quite. You didn't beat up on it hard enough. The secret
:is to think like a kid with a new toy, or more precisely, a sysadmin with
:a new toy (amounts to the same thing :). The first thing any sysadmin
:wants to do when you hand him a new gizmo is to push the buttons, turns
:the knobs and flip the switches, in order to try out all those great
:new features he's heard about. That's how you find the bugs.

    Well, I did a build world with /usr/src mounted with the rdirplus
    option.   It obviously wasn't quite enough of a test.  I'll try to
    reproduce the problem with a du in gs5.50 (and also see if my patch
    fixes it).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>