Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:19:13 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@snake.srv.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bash as root login shell (was Re: su and PS1)

I don't see the problem using bash for the root shell.  If there is damage
to repair, then it is possible to boot up in the single user mode, remount
the file system read/write and do what ever fixup work is necessary.

I actually had a situation where I messed up the password file and had to
do exactly this because I couldn't login on any account at all.

Charles Mott