Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:50:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, bloom@acm.org, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh strangeness in -current...

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, David Malone wrote:

> I'd leave it saying that it isn't 100% compatible - it may sound
> bad but it's true. There are several other things that aren't the
> same: default options are different, some options have been removed
> (AllowHosts is one that I know of), it produces warning messages
> where the old ssh wouldn't have. I'm sure there are other differences
> too.

None of these affect the operation of OpenSSH in your network. Sure, you
have to check the config files when you migrate to it, but the point is
it's not incompatible with other SSH implementations, and we don't want to
scare people into thinking it has weird lurking bugs and they'd better not
use it.

Kris

----