Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:48:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Ben H." <strbenjr@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound recording and producing CDs

Just want to thank everyone who provided an answer for me.

You all are experts to me!   Thanks!

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 21:36:57 -0700
From: Steve D

On Friday 26 March 2004 12:18 pm, Ben H. wrote:

> My real question is are they the best tools available for
> the job or should I consider different ports? [...]
> But... a sound recording box... I need some Multimedia
> Expert opinions before I get started...
--- ---

There are a number of ways to get digital or analog audio into the
computer and stored as a digital file, depending on what type of
soundcard or hardware you have.

For opening the digital audio files in a graphical environment and
editing them, a lot of people seem to like audacity:

/usr/ports/audio/audacity
http://audacity.sourceforge.net

I've tried it a little on Linux and FreeBSD and I like it a lot,
although I am no expert.

Ben Hacker, Jr.
Sr. Security Analyst
  2461 S. Clark Street