Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:47:41 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Tim DeBoer <deboert@cletus.cornhusker.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   User permissions problem

Hi folks,
I've got a permissions problem that's driving me insane.
Basically, everytime I download something as a user, I get an error
message saying "could not change permissions for /home/user/foo.bar"

It Happens as both as my primary user, and as my "test" account, but not
as root, since root is root I guess.

Anyway, how do I fix this?

Thanks!
--

Tim DeBoer
http://www.freebsd-geek.com

"When you find yourself in the company of a Halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the Halfling."