Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:02:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP ISA modem, pnp, PPP and 2.2.6

 >> I'm having trouble getting my PnP modem configured in 2.2.6-RELEASE. I
 >> configured my system to use the pnp0 psuedo-device, and upon bootup
 >> tried to set the IRQ and port for the modem (which shows up as CSN =

 Scott> Is there already an on-board serial port on sio0?  You might
 Scott> want to move your modem to sio1 in that case.  _Something_ is

Hmm.. I tried that, and it works! Thanks.

 Scott> but it might not be what you think.  On my creaky old 486,
 Scott> even with port serial ports disabled in the BIOS setup, my PnP
 Scott> modem had to be on sio2 before it would work.

Seems to be the same over here. Even though both serial ports were
disables, it works only on sio1.
Thanks a lot.

 Scott> 	Scott

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah {viren @ rstcorp . com}
"The key of strategy, little Vor," she explained kindly, "is not to choose