Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 2013 15:50:16 +0700
From:      Olivier Nicole <Olivier.Nicole@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mencoder freeze the video

Hi,

I have a video surveillance system based on FreeBSD 9.1. I use mencoder
to capture the video from a USB camera, but it usually freeze after few
seconds.

I use the following command to launch the capture, I stop it by sending
a signal.

/usr/local/bin/mencoder tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:outfmt=mjpeg -nosound -ovc
lavc -ofps 10 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=400 -o file -really-quiet

What to change to avoid the freeze of the video?

How to stop the capture without generating a core dump?

Best regards,

Olivier