Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 19:33:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sascha Blank <blank@sliphost37.uni-trier.de>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        blank@fox.uni-trier.de, chuckr@glue.umd.edu, gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org, postmaster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ctm

Hello Søren,

>> "Søren" == Søren Schmidt writes:

  Søren> Hmm, I'm sorry about that, but it doesn't help the ones (like
  Søren> me) that depend on CTM delivering...  It would have been nice
  Søren> if we had gotten a short statement to the fact that delivery
  Søren> could be unreliable for a short time..

I just want to save Richard from thoughts like "Hey, we are having
major problems here with his stuff and this guy has the nerve to
vanish from the face of the earth". It doesn't help us, but we know at
least why he is not around.

  Søren> I'm not blaming anybody, I just rationalize the fact that (at
  Søren> least to me) CTM delivery is important (and as far as I'm
  Søren> concerned, it worked flawlessly under phk's wings, until the
  Søren> old setup broke) and its important that it works (and is
  Søren> looked after).

I'm sorry if I got you wrong. I agree completely with you that a
reliable CTM delivery is vital for many of us no matter whether they
are a developer, a user or a site admin. And yes, I want to see it
running again as soon as possible. But I'm afraid all we can do at the
moment is to sit and wait for dataplex.net to come alive again.

It is rather obvious that some of us have to think about additional
reproduction and distribution ways to prevent future accidents of this
kind once things are running again. Richard and I have already started
discussing this topic, but regarding this latest incident it looks
like we will have to expand the scope of our discussion.

	Sascha Blank, CTM-submeister

--
             Sascha Blank - mailto:blank@fox.uni-trier.de
  Student and System Administrator at the University of Trier, Germany