Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:02:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /boot is full after running "make installkernel" on

Thanks guys.

:-)

Doesn't that seem odd that the "default" partition size for root
(512M) isn't quite big enough?

Should I make the partition size slightly larger (on future installs)
to eliminate this problem?

Ed

------------------------------
=A0
I had the same problem and since my drives are large I just started making =
all my new builds with / set for 1G. As I understand it this is not actuall=
y the solution the "in the know" folks recommend. I was advised to just del=
ete kernel.old. Of course this will work but what about when you might need=
 kernel.old to get you out of a jamb or just want to keep it for nostalgia.
=A0
I think I'm finally at the point where I will stop doing make buildworlds u=
nless absolutely needed. I've been keen on doing this regularly but I reall=
y should adopt the policy of if it ain't broken don't fix it.=0A=0A=0A     =