Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 15:30:24 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Well, I guess it's about time I mentioned this little problem...

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:

> just failed to work from Box A.  During my conversation with David, he
> suggested that I drop the MTU on box A's ethernet interface from 1500
> to 500 and TADA!  Suddenly these URLs (one of which is
> http://www.sunlabs.com/) could be visited just fine from box A, no
> problems.

	Had the same problem with the _same_ setup:

	1 ep0 card
	1 user land ppp at 115.2Kbps on a Lasat ISDN TA to an ISP using
	V.120.

	Everything works fine, _except_ when I ran UUCP over TCP: hang.

	I changed the "packet size" (that's what the Lasat modem doc.
	calls it) from 1024 to 2048... and it now works.

--
                                                              -- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld  /  Systems Administrator  /  regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk ]-
-[ Location.: +55.4N +11.3E        PGP Key: finger regnauld@hotel.prosa.dk ]-