Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:09:20 -0400
From:      "Bill A. K." <billak@fox56.tv>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Strange problem - ADSL clients & FreeBSD servers

Well, I have a FreeBSD server running on a PPPoE DSL line. Nothing fancy
just www, email, stuff like that. I'm running the DSL line though a Linksys
DSL router and forwarding the required ports to the server. This router also
provides Internet access to the local network. When I first set up the
router, the MTU was set in the firmware and not adjustable. I flashed the
router to a newer firmware after a while. One of the updates was an
adjustable MTU setting. With the MTU setting on the router set at 1492 or
1500, some pages loaded really slow or not at all, and some pages would
load, but certain elements coming from different web servers would not load.
I tried 1446, which I learned was the old default for the router, and
everything works perfect.

If you can, try setting the MTU to 1446 and see what happens.

Please let me know.

Bill
billak@fox56.tv