Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 01:38:23 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Question about installing ports from CD

	Hi all.  I have all 4 of the Freebsd install CD's that you can download
from the website and I was wondering.  Obviously you install the OS from
the first cd.  But can I somehow force the computer to install my ports
from one of the CD's instead of the internet?

	Basically what's happening is I need to take these 4 cd's with me to a
friends house and install all of Freebsd for him.  That's great except that
he's out in BFE middle of nowhere with no internet connection and no way to
install ports over the internet.  So I want to be able to install the whole
system right off of cd, including any ports that I may have to add in the
post install period to get him up and running.

	Is there a simple way to do this?  100% of what I do on freebsd involves
the internet in some way.  So I'm relatively unfamiliar with doing offline
stuff.  Thanks in advance.