Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:19:00 -0500
From:      "Ason, David G, NCIO" <dgason@att.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Q: FAT file systems, Java, and GNUStep

Howdy!

	After hearing rumors about FreeBSD for sometime, I finally came across
your website. It looks like you folks really have a great product! I am
looking forward to messing around with it!

	I do have some questions about FreeBSD however:
1) If I have a machine running Win95, can FreeBSD use the existing FAT
filesystem or will I have to repartition the hard disk?

2)Is there a Java Development kit 1.1 or better for FreeBSD? If not how
about the Java VM?

3)Will GNUStep and the NeXT desktop clone run on FreeBSD?

	Thanks in advance,
	Dave Ason
	AT&T Labs
	dgason@att.com