Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:56:17 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Brandon DeYoung <brandon@schoolpeople.net>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Syskonnect SK-9843 SX

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 01:36:03PM -0500, Brandon DeYoung wrote:
>     I've installed a new system using 4.1 RELEASE. Are the steps listed at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~wpaul/SysKonnect/ are still necessary for the
> SK-9843? Or can I get away with a MAKEDEV, and a kernel recompile?

Just adding the device to the kernel and rebuilding should do it.
Actually, you probably have a working module in /modules so a simple
"kldload if_sk" should do it.  Adding the following line to your
/boot/loader.conf file should cause this to be loaded at boot (at least,
I think it will, I took the line from a -current system.):

if_sk_load="YES"

No MAKEDEV is needed since sk, like most network interfaces doesn't have
an entry in /dev.

-- Brooks