Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 00:08:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        sbabkin@dcn.att.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, brett@lariat.org, mike@smith.net.au, dshanes@personalogic.com
Subject:   Re: Fw: Your Article "Freeware: The Heart & Soul of the Internet"

[redirected to -chat]

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>And, for example, I can explain why *I* did not bought them.
>Because they are just printouts of man pages, partially obsolete.

This is true of the books in general, except for the "User
Supplementary Documents" and "Programmer's Supplementary Documents",
both of which contain useful papers and articles which aren't
available on my system.

Some of the highlights:

	documentation on the Bourne shell
	documentation on troff (as well as on a number of the macro sets)
	design documentation on the 7th edition

Not everyone will find them useful, but I have.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/