Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:40:34 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        "Michael P. Sale" <mike@merchantsnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mounting floppy file systems

On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 05:24:12PM -0700, Michael P. Sale wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been sort of lurking in the background here (as I seem to do with most
> newsgroups), but as a newbie ran into something semi-annoying today.  While
> trying to mount my floppy (following instructions on "the complete freebsd"
> pg 211) I ran into all sorts of fun with that darn /A.  After buying a
> little sense, I did some searching and came up with the /mnt instead.  Works
> just fine now, though I'm still searching for how to get the /A set up as
> well..

We're not getting the full picture yet. Is it a DOS formatted floppy? Have
you told /etc/fstab to expect one of those when mounting /A or not? Does the
/A directory exist? Exactly what command are you using to mount the floppy?

> Was I jettin along too fast at the beginning of the book, possibly missing
> the part that told me why /A should work later?  Is this worth asking to get
> put in as Errata later?  I kinda figured that it must be somewhere else in
> the book, or else it would have made it into the first errata.

You shouldn't still be using the first errata. Check inside the first page
and pick up the current one. Additions are always well received.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more