Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 1996 11:47:13 +0100 (BST)
From:      Gordon Henderson <gordon@drogon.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP SCSI drives - Jumper settings?

I have a pair of HP C3325A 2GB SCSI drives, whch I'm about to add into a
FreeBSD news machine, but, alas, no manual for them. I need to connect
them on the same bus - I've worked out SCSI ID, but there are 2 other
jumpers, I'm presuming one is parity, the other termination enable. With
both of them on the same bus, they verify ok from the BIOS (Adaptec PCI
card), but I'm woried that under heavy load, if both are terminated then I
may see problems. The jumpers are set as below:

     012 34 56789
     ||   | |

This being ID 3, the ID jumpers being the leftmost block of 3.

Anyone any clues what the other jumpers do, or which one of 4 or 5 is the
terminator enable jumper? (Or prehaps one of the others is a terminator
disable..)

Thanks for any input ...

Gordon