Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:11:06 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        Nezmer <bsd@nezmer.info>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8-STABLE/amd64: kernel panic after a minute of mounting xfs

--i0/AhcQY5QxfSsSZ

On 2010-Mar-25 21:32:10 +0200, Nezmer <bsd@nezmer.info> wrote:
>This is the 1st time FreeBSD panics on me. It happened after a
>minute of mounting an XFS partition. I'm not sure It's XFS but It's the
>only part of the OS I try for the 1st time.
>
>kernel: vn_iowait doing nothing on FreeBSD?

This is part of XFS.  I'm not sure how important it is.

>kernel: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
=2E..
>kernel: Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable.

Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done given this
information.  As a minimum, you need a backtrace.  Ideally, you need a
core-dump to investigate the cause.

See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/ke=
rneldebug.html

--=20