Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 1997 21:26:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      xaviour@jump.net (Matt Knopp)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   controller

*Adaptec 274x/284x/2940/2940U/3940 (Narrow/Wide/Twin) series EISA/VLB/PCI
 SCSI controllers.

Looking at this I would think that the Adaptec 2740 (eisa) is support, but
I cannot seem to have the boot kernel properly use it. I get a number of
channel resets. I would just as soon blame the card, except for grins I
gave bsdi a whirl on the machine.. and it didn't have any problems with
the device. Nor did nt (bah).

So basicly the question is: is the 2740 supported, or is just the 2742 ? True
I could just run bsdi on this machine, except the licence isn't for this
machine, and well.  The machine is going to be setup to act as a router for
a ipng network... It helps to have the src to the kernel, such that i can plug
inria's code into it.

Anyway, if I directed this to the wrong place, I am sorry.

Matt Knopp                                      Email: xaviour@jump.net
Jump Point Communications, Inc.                 Voice: 257-4700x23
Today is Sweetmorn, day 32 in the season of Bureaucracy, 3163.