Date:      Thu, 07 Sep 1995 18:26:32 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        e.knight@ix.netcom.com (Edward F. Knight)
Cc:        David Anderson <partek@indecent.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0-RELEASE

>While I'm on a roll,  I can't quite figure out where the dividing line
>between FreeBSD.org and Walnut Creek Cdrom is.  Many of the "officials" of
>FreeBSD.org are employyees of Walnut Creek Cdrom.

   "Many"? Actually, 3. Myself, who takes care of problems with wcarchive (and
I'm not even an employee, just a contract worker); Jordan, who puts the FreeBSD
CD collection together, and Justin who works on the OS/2 CD. That's out of 12+
core members. So what's your point? We have zero influence in what they do or
how they handle their customers.
   For what it's worth, I agree with you that they should ship the CD's
to the "subscribers" first. ...but my opinion in this regard is likely worth
less than yours. If you have a problem with how they treat their customers,
then you should contact them and tell them (as I'm sure you already have).
   If the real problem you have is with the FreeBSD core group, the quality of
work we do, or our release policies, then you should send your comments to
core@freebsd.org. This is clearly stated in the mailing-list FAQ.
   Sorry that you're not happy.

-DG