Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:06:13 -0800
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ATI Rage Mobility in FreeBSD-4.2 ?

Hello Family, in running a new triple booted Toshiba 1715_XCDS with
a 4mb ATI Rage Mobility card, I have absolutely no problems using
XF86Setup in RedHat-6.2 to choose the "ATI Rage Mobility" and the
"ATI Rage Mobility P" and get a very good 800x600.

Using the same XF86Setup in FreeBSD-4.2 and choosing the exact
settings I get a "double vision" when it comes to the final screen
after X starts to confirm that you agree with the settings.

I figured this was neutral territory, meaning the X engine would be
the same in FBSD as in Linux. Does anyone have any guidance here ?
Thanks

--
Bill Schoolcraft  PO Box 210076
   San Francisco, CA   94121