Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 2003 13:36:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Adam Mazza <adam@68e.com>
To:        Radko Keves <rado@studnet.sk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: disk traffic

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Radko Keves wrote:

> hi all
>
> i have big disk traffic from users and i need reduce it
>
> so this is my question:
> Is disk traffic adjustable for each user (with login.conf or sysctl or i
> don't know how ?  )
> Not memory in generally

Not that I know of. If you have high disk usage your best strategy is
trying to split your work load up efficiently. You can do this by simply
having more disks and dividing up your tasks, or going to some sort of
RAID setup where generally throwing more spindles at the job, can help
reduce the load caused by IO. You will want to narrow down exactly where
your bottleneck is though. it'll be useless to throw more disks at the
problem if you are going to saturate your IO bus.

Regards,

Adam Mazza