Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2001 14:07:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
To:        Marcin Swietochowski <dragon@safenet.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4 port nic

On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Marcin Swietochowski wrote:
> > A while back on this list someone posted a 4 port nic for freebsd. Does any
> > know/remember a card that definitely does work?
>
> I'm using quad port NIC card from D-Link - DFE-570TX
> Works good...
>
> Just read man 4 dc

There is also one by Adaptec. From the last list discussions "If you just
need 4 indepenent ports with good throughput, go for the DLink ($150-190).
If you need 4 ports that can all haul-ass all the time go for the Adaptec
board (>$600?). The cards with the 4-port "hub" are really a single port.
IIRC, the Adaptec board is a 64-bit PCI card and the DLink is 32bit.

In my situation, I figured I could buy a DLink and a spare with money left
since I need 4 ports, but only two are 100bT. We usually avoid Adaptec
stuff now, though we lived on the 1540/1740 series in the "old days". A
while back we fixed all our Adaptec problems by replacing 2940/3940 SCSI
cards with TekRam DC-390x boards and had cash to spare.  Sad, really - Jy@