Date:      Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:50:55 +0300
From:      Zeus V Panchenko <zeus@ibs.dn.ua>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: weird results while ipsec + ipfv_nat (nat before vpn)

Ian Smith (smithi@nimnet.asn.au) [11.08.04 08:44] wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2011, Zeus V Panchenko wrote:
> [..]
>
> Although ipfw(8) doesn't explicitly say so - unlike natd(8) - I believe
> that you need to specify either 'if bge1' or 'ip b.b.b.1', but not both.
>
>  > so, ipsec and ipfw_nat out works, but where are reply packets
>  > disappearing to after coming to gif0 interface? why no backward
>  > divert occures?
>
> Try 'ipfw nat show config' to see how ipfw thinks nat is configured, and
> maybe 'ipfw show' to check that all your other rules match ipfw.conf

you are right, ipfw thinks about nat this way:
# ipfw nat show config
ipfw nat 100 config if bge1 log reverse

i have tried both combinations and still no result:
1. with `if' i see `incorrect' (lan ip) traffic on gif0
2. with `ip' i see only ipsec peer replies and no back divert
3. bUt with both options i see the same as in p.2

any further idea?

--
Zeus V. Panchenko
JID:zeus@gnu.org.ua			      	        GMT+2 (EET)