Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:14:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaime Fournier <jafour2@yahoo.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Remote DoS exploit on natd.

The other day I was testing various exploits that I
have accumulated over time against my firewall. I had
always used these to test any new boxes I brought
online. All was fine, until I tried it from the
internet side of the firewall. I have found that
boink.c, the old exploit from 98, when used against a
3.3-STABLE, or 3.4-STABLE natd box that has rdr's
setup with IPFILTER to cause it to panic, and reboot.
I have tested this with 3 different machines, all with
the same effect. I have not been able to test it on a
4.0-STABLE as of yet.I did search the mailing list
archives on boink, and found nothing pertaining to
this problem. It would be really nice to be able to
patch this. If you need any information, or have any
corrections for this, please respond to my email
address at ober@bsdconspiracy.net.

Thanks!