Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:41:50 +0200
From:      Michael Grimm <trashcan@odo.in-berlin.de>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   poudriere: best strategy to create ports either linked to openssl or libressl

Hi --

This is 10.2-STABLE and a host plus some service jails setup.

I did switch from OpenSSL to LibreSSL some month ago and never ran into trou=
ble until the recent update to LibreSSL 2.2.2 [1].

Now I am thinking about running all service jails with ports linked against L=
ibreSSL libraries, except my mail service jail running postfix et al. This s=
hould run ports linked against OpenSSL.

I am using poudriere for pkg creation into a local repository, I do like the=
 idea of meta packages[2], and I have read about the set functionality [3], a=
s well. But, I never used meta packages and sets before, and I feel somehow u=
nsure about what would be the best way to achieve my goal:

#) Meta packages?
#) Sets with appropriate option/make files?
#) Some combination of both?
#) Something completely different I manged to miss?

Thanks in advance and regards,
Michael

[1] http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/cutoff=3D252142
[2] http://blog.shatow.net/posts/2013-07-21-managing-role-based-freebsd-serv=