Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2017 07:02:16 -0500
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartmann@walstatt.org>, FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: r316958: booting a server takes >10 minutes!

On 4/15/17, 6:53 AM, "O. Hartmann" <owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org on be=
half of ohartmann@walstatt.org> wrote:

    Recent CURRENT running on a server makes the system booting in multiuse=
r mode booting
    incredibly slow! On a machine, before I interrupted the booting process=
 hanging in
    starting postgresql 9.6.2 server, it took > 10 minutes.
   =20
    Due to a serious bug in CURRENT, I had to disable BPF_JITTER via sysctl
    net.bpf_jitter.enable=3D0
   =20
    The box also is a syslog "receiving" server for other hosts, syslogd's =
option "-s" isn't
    used (just for the record).
   =20
    I'm back to r316717 now which boots the box fine.
   =20
    Booting in single-user mode is also quick as expected.
   =20
    oh
   =20
    --=20
    O. Hartmann
   =20
    Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder =C3=9Cbermittlung meiner Daten f=C3=BCr
    Werbezwecke oder f=C3=BCr die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (=C2=A7 28 Abs. 4 B=
DSG).

I=E2=80=99m seeing similar, and HAVE the syslogd patch applied.  =20

My system seems to hang with PostgreSQL taking a LONG time to come up, I al=
so saw sshd/exim and other processes spinning on a =E2=80=9CNo Bufferspace availab=
ile=E2=80=9D (from a truss, no I don=E2=80=99t have the output).=20

Something=E2=84=A2 is seriously not right here.

   =20