Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2007 09:59:58 +0200
From:      Robert Joosten <robert@ml.erje.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE source update fails during compilation

Hi,

---cut!------
> /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools/../../../../contrib/gcc/genattrtab.c:6240:
> internal compiler error: Segmentation fault: 11
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html>; for instructions.
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:14060: Warning: partial line at end of file ignored
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/src.

Yeah, I observed this too a few times. All the times on a poor little
pentium 1/150 with 48meg ram (according dmesg). It's somewhat difficult
too check but I suspect I run out of memory every time.

I happened to run make installworld with a DESTDIR pointing to this box
using nfs using a more recent athlon 3000 :-)

That slow box runs postfix and procmail to a nfs-mounted spool. It runs
great without any sign indicating bad memory; did not run a memcheck
though. Increasing swap didn't solve this matter.

Hth.

Cheers,
Robert

PS: recommend to check out releng_6_2 if able; just to be sure.