Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 17:52:19 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@Dataplex.NET>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free BSD and Windows

At 5:12 PM -0500 4/21/98, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>People have been either quite happy or very displeased with
>"booteasy"

Speaking of this boot program.....
I just built a system "from scratch" with the
recent 3.0-SNAP.

I just ran into some unexpected behavior.
I'm trying to set up a "headless machine"
It obvoiusly has a kbd interface, but I
do not supply the keyboard.
Similarly, I may (or may not) have a CRT
and video card.

With kbd & video, it works just fine.
However, in order to get it to even try
to boot without a keyboard, I have to tell
the bios that it is not required.

With thaqt setting, I get into the boot blocks
as expected. I get to "Default: F1" and it hangs
uptil I plug in a keyboard. Only then does it
proceed to the Boot: prompt.

On my old P-5, I could boot without a keyboard.

Am I doing something wrong?
Does this deserve a "PR" ?

Richard Wackerbarth